Friday, July 1, 2011

June 2011- Lil' Alaskan Update


I have had a fun time having our own place for once especially after living in hotels for literally, a month. We were on the cruise for five days, moved into the American Fork hotel for a couple weeks, then the hotels along the road from Utah, through Canada, to Alaska, the hotel we lived in for the first week we were in Alaska because our apartment wasn't ready yet, and now we are done with that!! Vivint supplied the furniture and I have to say, I love it!
This is our cute apartment! First apartment as a married couple!

Our kitchen : )

So a couple weeks ago my goofy husband so sweetly said, "You CAN cook!!" with a gigantic smile on his face and a hug hahahaha. I keep telling him that while we were dating I didn't cook because I didn't want to in my apartment I lived in...a little messy! It wasn't that I couldn't but that I just didn't! I've been making dinner every night but that was the first recipe made meal that actually took some work. He loved it, and so did I!! It was a delicious meal (minus the salmon, I didn't touch it) and I recommend the recipe by far!

The pasta included a "guiltless homemade alfredo" or so the recipe says, bacon, chopped chicken, artichoke hearts, green onions, cheese, and more cheese. So yummy!!

I gotta say that with livin in Alaska the weirdest part is the sun! It really doesn't set until close to 11 or 12 pm. This is the night sky at 12:45 about a week ago.

Supposedly the farther we get into the summer the more drastic it will get. The sky is light at 4:30 AM...I promise! It's woken me up multiple times since getting here! haha. It isn't annoying (except for the first night with very little sleep) it's just weird!

1 comment:

  1. That looks good and I hate Fish too!! :) That would be SO weird to have it be daylight at night that would probably drive me nuts!! Love your blog by the way :) Take care

    ReplyDelete