Kimbie came to see us in Alaska this past week and it was sooo fun!!
Unfortunately I couldn't take work off except for one day but we still made the best of it!
We went to the supposed "World's largest chocolate-fall"
Kim loved the ginormous bear!
We went downtown for some touristy shoppin the first evening after she got here and found a really cute wind chime for her mama. She's the best child and always gets her mom her collector's item when she travels ;). Speaking of which, what do you want from Alaska Mom??
We went on a hike with the Petersons and Hills on Sunday to "Flattop Mountain" which was a great view. Unfortunately is was pretty cloudy so we couldn't see anything from the very top but it was still an awesome hike!
Our favorite day of her vacation was definitely her last day here, Tuesday. We started it off by going to see the Anchorage LDS Temple on our way out of town.
It is actually a lot smaller than it looks!
We then went along the scenic Seward Highway coastline to show Kim the conservation center.
It was a hit if you can't tell by this face right here....
I told Kim and Skyler we were going to see bears and this was our first look at any sight of bears...
(He's the little brown dot next to the cabin if you can't tell ha.)
And then another bear came out of hiding to save the day!
She even stopped right in front of us to say hello! So cool!
There were also baby orphaned moose that were adorable.
And a porcupine! It surprisingly REEKED!!! hahaha
We had a blast at the conservation center and I was so glad to have my hubby there to enjoy the day with us as well!
There was SITKA jelly in the gift shop! From The Proposal! It really exists! haha
We then spontaneously hiked to a glacier! So fun!
We were on snow that was actually on top of a flowing river! Pretty nuts right? That's Alaska for ya.
Sky had fun throwin rocks in the river and at the frozen snow above it...
And so did Kim!
The two of them have formed a new friendship after spending so much time together throwing rocks and competing with each other in card games. We stayed up til 2 am one night just playing cards! It was too much fun!! Thanks for coming to see us in good ol' Alaska Kimbie!! You DEFINITELY made our week!! Love you and love you all at home!!





















HIL!! I want SITKAAAAAAA Jelly!!! AMAZING!! hahahaha and it looks like you had so much fun with kim! lucky! wish we could come say hello and see a bear!! also, weren't you scared the porcupine would get made and shot his spikes at you? just saying! hahaha love you!
ReplyDeleteHahaha don't you love the SITKAA jelly?! I thought you might. ;)
ReplyDeleteBut I know! She just decided to take advantage of her stage in life and come to Alaska! So fun! And I know you would if you could but I know I wouldn't be able to either so I don't blame you whatsoever!! haha can't wait to see you soon!